September 22, 2022
We have arrived at the Fall Season everyone!
For some, this time brings inner joy and excitement. Cuddling up in warm sweaters, snuggling in front of a fire, Pumpkin Spice EVERYTHING! For others (myself included) fall can bring about feelings of sadness, or frustration. Being cold, change in daylight hours, holiday shopping and WINTER.
Autumn can be a beautiful time of year for us to pause and reflect and honor all that has happened in our life, while simultaneously creating space for new things to come.
Nature is our best guide for creating routines that allow us to flow smoothly from one season to the next. At this time, the plants and animals are prepping themselves for some peaceful, quiet, stillness. Leaves begin to shed as trees make space for something new. Animals begin to sleep a little longer, spend as much time as they can soaking up sunshine, and eating more to store up for the winter months.
Now, we live in the 21st century. We no longer have a survival need to stock up on food, sleep longer etc. however, our inner selves does this naturally, even we don't want to! How can we work with it? How can we honor this time?
First, lets begin with just allowing. Create space to allow this time in our bodies and minds to happen. When you notice something different in your current routine, try checking in with your body and mind - "Is this change benefiting me?" "Does my body need extra of this?"
You might notice that you are feeling more groggy even as your sleep increases. This is normal!
• Give yourself plenty of time to be in bed - even if you aren't fully asleep, try to have the same schedule of in bed and out of bed every day
Natural supplements to help you sleep:
Fall means schedule change for many of us. Back to school, sports, recreational activites, new quarter, end of year things begin. This is A LOT on our minds and nervous system. These new schedules and added workloads might start to create stress or anxiety that you didn't notice before
*Again create space for allowance!
*Try adding Ashwagandha to your daily routine
* Add in 5-10 minutes of "you time" No distractions!
* Get in the sun as much as you can or supplement with Vitamin D if you need!
• Finally - you might be noticing over the next month that you are consuming or craving more fats and carbs! Totally normal. Our bodies naturally prepare for scarcity - how to combat over eating at this time without becoming consumed by diet culture?!
* Eat in Season Foods!
Root vegetables: carrots, squash, pumpkin and sweet potato
Herbs: ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, rosemary, thyme, basil and dill
Legumes: beans, chickpeas, lentils, soybeans
Whole grains: brown rice, quinoa, oats and millet
* Stay active and switch up your routine
- Try some yoga, mobility, workout outside, begin a new strength cycle, try a
new workout class
Alright That's all for now - Check your emails for more info and links on Fall meditations, fall workout clothes (earth friendly!) and other cool stuff.